At+cipgsmloc command is giving error

im trying to fetch base station location using my sim900a gsm module. after executing at+sapbr=2,1 im getting error at command at+cipgsmloc=1,1 & 2,1 please help me

Are you getting IP address allocated when you execute AT+SAPBR=2,1 ?

yes
it is giving me ip address

If you are getting error for that command then your firmware might not be supporting it. You should find the right firmware and update your module. There is similar discussion which happened before. Please search through it on the forum.

can you tell me which firmware supports at+cipgsmloc command
i am having hard time to find it

I will check the firmware i used on SIM900 and tell you. But you are using SIM900A. It wont work.

i will try that firmware on my module

You cant try it. Its for SIM900. It wont work on SIM900A.
You can mail to mahesh@sim.com for firmware and support.

I am using SIM900 I am also getting these errors. Please help me out.
My Serial Monitor O/P-
AT+SAPBR=3,1,“Contype”,“GPRS”

OK
AT+SAPBR=3,1,“APN”,""

OK

AT+SAPBR=1,1

OK
AT+SAPBR=2,1

+SAPBR: 1,1,“11.21.150.191”

OK
AT+CIPGSMLOC=2,1

ERROR
AT+CIPGSMLOC=2,1

ERROR
AT+CIPGSMLOC=1,1

ERROR
AT+SAPBR=0,1

OK

May be it is because older firmware version of your GSM. Some older version firmware does not support for those commands.

Your GSM module must have newer Firmware version which supports those commands. You need to update your SIM900 firmware to newer version available to access those commands.

Know how to update your firmware here.

You need to search for newer firmware version for your particular GSM module you using (ie SIM900). here https://simcom.ee/documents/?dir=

Update on your own risk.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your reply.
But I can post sensor value in Thinkspeak through AT command and It works.Then still should I update ???

Sir, i also want to know which firmware we should use for SIM900A to get the location using AT+CIPGSMLOC=2,1