GSM Modules usage

Please can someone tell me if it is possible to send a recorded audio through GSM module to a server or through a text message? Or is it only possible through making a call?
Thanks in advance

I don’t know of any GSM module capable of storing recorded audio. The only convoluted way I could imagine would include a separate chip/system/thing that stores the message (there are very cheap chips and modules for this purpose on the market), connect the output of the recorder to the audio input of the GSM module, make a call and play the recorded sound. That would be the simplest and cheapest solution I could thing of.

The added complexity in your case would be to communicate this audio to the server, as it needs the audio converted into a binary data stream. It might be a little bit of a stretch, but check the Alexa IoT software/libraries for the ESP32, it might include a way to send audio to Amazon’s audio processing servers, but I’m not quite sure. The ESP32 is a powerful alternative to the Arduino, it does not have GSM capabilities but it has WiFi and Bluetooth built-in.

1 Like

Thank you so much
Do you know if it would be possible in UMTS modules?