Need compatible SIMCOM wireless module for JIO sim

Which would be the best 4G simcom module for JIO sim? I am using SIM7100E module for LTE speed. It is working fine with airtel 4G sim. But with JIO sim, calls, USSD codes and SMS are not working as it does not have VoLTE support. Is there a way i can make the calls and SMS work on this module using AT commands?

Hi Ravi,

As checked, JIO sim supports 3 bands B3 (1800 +) , B5 (850) and B40 (TD 2300). And as suggested by you to check with SIM7000E, it supports following bands: Tri-Band FDD-LTE B3/B8/B20/B28 and GPRS/EDGE 900/1800Mhz. B3 band is common here. Would this module be suitable if used with all other operators’ sim cards like airtel, vodafone etc. And also only B3 matches for JIO sim to work with 7000E. So would that be enough for the module to work without any issues? I will place order for 7000E after i confirm that would be worthy of it.

Thanks

Hi Naman,
SIMCOM support recommended to use SIM7600E to me for working with Reliance JIO.
You can contact mahesh@sim.com for proper recommendation according to your project.

I have not used these modules yet, so i cannot assure you of that.
But i highly recommend dropping them a mail and explain your application. They are quick to respond.

Hi Ravi,

I contacted on the mail id given by you but haven’t got response yet. SIM7600E doesn’t seem to have VoLTE support so i wonder how would that be suitable for Reliance JIO. I will let you know further.

Yes Naman,
I was wondering the same. But they confirmed that it supports VoLTE.
Any way let me know which works.

Hi Ravi, I have a simcom 7100E and it is working with Jio Sim but not with Airtel sim in Delhi, any idea why?

Thanks