Receive data from Server

Hello,

I want to receive data from a server using GSM SIM800L. I have the data in the database in a table with 3 columns and many rows. Is it possible to fetch the data row wise? I want this data so that I can process it later on.

I have successfully connected to the internet and after that I am using HTTP protocol to fetch data. I feel ‘HTTP Read’ reads the data, whatever it can in the given time. Is it correct? And if so then is there a way to get the data row wise?

Thanks,
Anuvandan

Yes,
You can pass the ROW id and get that row information in a HTTP request.
But it will be better if you use Open source REST API frameworks like Dreamfactory to get direct REST access to your database.
Then you can just pass ID in URL and get that row data easily.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I will try that and get back to you in case of more queries. And the information which I need is to be continuously received from the Server. So for eg - In first call I want data from row 1 and in second call from row 2 and so on and so forth. What will be a better approach in this scenario?

But before that, I got stuck in another problem. I am posting it here as it is related to the same topic.

I am trying to read the data from the server using HTTP commands. I am working with a Teensy 3.2 board. I give the correct sequence of HTTP commands and still I am not able to read the data. I get some data from the database but it is inconsistent. I get output of half of the commands on the serial monitor.

I use Serial.available and Serial.read to get the information.

Is it due to the fact that the responses from the GSM module are large in size and the UART buffer gets full before I read it? In such scenario how should I fix it?

Regards,
Anuvandan