SIM800L GSM module not connect to network

I have a SIM800L module and I want to send SMS. But this module is not connect to network. I am from Sri Lanka.

I am using 3G SIM card and I think it is not issue because if it 3G SIM it can shift to 2G. Am I right? I put this SIM card to my iPhone and change setting to 2G then also get signals “E”.

When SIM card is in the module and call to this SIM number(Module), it says Phone off. Not showing ring ring in AT terminal.

Signal LED also blinking faster not slowly.

I get AT commands response. I tied following commands.

AT+CSQ

+CSQ: 0,0

Thant means no signals but…

AT+COPS=?

Call Ready

SMS Ready

+COPS: (1,"Hutchison Lanka (Pvt)","Hutch","41308"),(3,"Mobitel","MOBITEL","41301"),(3,"CELLTEL INFINITI","CELLTEL","41303"),(3,"41305","41305","41305"),(1,"DIALOG","DIALOG","41302"),,(0-4),(0-2)

OK

I can get networks. My sim card is Hutch. That means Antenna also working fine right? How to check Antenna also (Specific bandwidth)?

AT+CSCS?

+CSCS: "IRA"

OK

How to sole this problem? Is there have any AT command to set or check?

Please tell me what is the status of this module. is is connected to network, is it have some problem with SIM or Antenna or module?

First thing is the modules power, It should be capable to supply 4V @2A continously.
Once you have established the power is right.
Then go to check if antenna connected properly.
Then check SIM card inserted properly or not, You can check if SIM detected or not by using command AT+CPIN it should respond with CPIN INSERTED

Even after making sure all above things are correct, Make sure your CBAND setting is set for all bands. I set mine to EGSM_MODE,ALL_BANDS using the AT+CBAND command.

If you still dont get, may be your network provider is blacklisting the device’s IMEI number. Call to customer care and ask if IMEI is blacklisted.

1 Like

3G SIM card also support to SIM800L right?

is it get any problem when antenna remove with power?

My power supply is ok i set it 2A it is working fine.
How to check antenna? any suggestion?

I used AT+CPIN? code it given me OK.

CBAND also given me EGSM_MODE,ALL_BANDS setting.

I used third party software it signal bars but not showing any signals.

But when I use COPS,

AT+COPS=?

Call Ready

SMS Ready

+COPS: (1,"Hutchison Lanka (Pvt)","Hutch","41308"),(3,"Mobitel","MOBITEL","41301"),(3,"CELLTEL INFINITI","CELLTEL","41303"),(3,"41305","41305","41305"),(1,"DIALOG","DIALOG","41302"),,(0-4),(0-2)

OK

It is given me this msg that means antenna should work right?

I called customer care they said they can’t check IMEI block status but I check it internet it says unknow. My IMEI number 867856031741231

Yes, 3G sim cards normally have 2G fallback if there is 2G supported by your provider.

You can check SIM registration status with AT+CREG? command.

I get reply for that

AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,2

OK

Call Ready

It means its searching for network to register to, Try a set of different brand sim cards and see if its problem with operator.

I get same reply for two different carriers. I used Hurch SIM 3G and Dialog SIM 4G.

AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,2

OK

Call Ready

My Power LED is ON and Signal LED is blinking 1sec for about 10sec then power LED also blinked and again Power LED is ON Signal LED is blinking 1sec for about 10sec. Continuously happening

Your board/module is restarting because your power source is not able to deliver the needed current.
Change the power supply, For confirmation, use 3.7V >1000mAH LiPo battery with short wires connected to VBAT pins of module,

Is it have any possible ways to restart the module because this power supply should be ok. My another module also power up and it is not restarting. Other module takes 0.15A also but this module take 0.075A

I give 5V to reset pin but nothing happens then again I remove it. I think now it is restart because of that.

Why would you give 5V to reset pin?
The module can take max 2.8V at its IO’s.
Whats the difference in connections between two modules. Are you using proper short wires?
I dont know why your board mentions 5V/4V. I dont see any regulator on board to provide 4V out of 5V input. How much are you giving to the baord?

I am giving 5V and 2A bench power supply. If i give 4.4v it is not working. I removed 5V from reset pin but not working.

I have two GSM modules i mention other module because it is not restarting and it is take much current than this module therefor I suggest my power supply do not have any problem,

I am using jumper wires on bread board.

when i removed antenna, module is not resetting.

without antenna it is not resetting and then voltage is getting

AT+CBC
+CBC: 0,24,3593
OK

with antenna it is resetting and then voltage is getting

AT+CBC
+CBC: 0,3,3428
OK

What can do for it?

It is working now thank you.

What was the problem? Share the solution to others so that they can get benefited too.

1 Like

i have the same problem can you please share the solution?