Unable to send SMS Message from SIM800L Module

Hello, I am using Sim 800L. It is working fine for receiving SMS but could not send SMS. Serial Monitor is showing that SMS is sent but m not receiving it on phone.

Hi Aman,
Do you get the +CMGS response with a number like +CMGS: 65. Check SIM card balance if enough credit is there to send SMS.

1 Like

Thanks for reply sir.
I am getting +CMGS response and the number is increasing on every message sent… My sim also have enough credit.

Then, you might have network issues. The message might be getting delayed in the network. Its getting sent from module but problem might be on receiving side. Try sending to different numbers. Use Airtel or Vodafone SIM cards. Idea and Docomo are known to have these issues.

I am using Airtel sim with enough balance.
I am not getting message on any phone except one samsung phone in which I am getting <> message.

Try putting some delay before entering the SMS data after the module offers the > prompt. Also add some new line characters \r\n before entering message contents.

Sir, please give me AT command for that.

Yet not working. Balance is also deduction on each message sent from sim800l.

So your message are going from module but not reaching end user. Its weird. Check with your network operator and ask whats happening. They might see some problem if present.

Aman_Chaturvedi, Check your gsm modem first without arduino ,try to connect computer using serial or serial to usb cable use putty or any other serial port software check one by one message AT command .

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: SIM800A not connecting with Airtel SIM Card

that is also my problem. .the module reset aftr 9 blinks. .i do not know how to do at commands. please help me. .thank tou

Hi guys,

I have the same problem.
I can send SMS using putty but when I create C code with AT commands I am receiving blank SMS.
Have you figured out how to fix it?

Bartosz

Seu caso é diferente, acredito que o comando AT+CSCS=“GSM” resolva o problema.

Hi, is this issue got fixed ?? What is the conclusion ? I’m also facing same issue. With idea sim I can able to receive sms. But with Airtel it is not , but module give response that +CmGS: 60 , how to fix this ?

call to the number which u inserted into module and check whether it ring and monitor serial port for RING,?

Hello and welcome! Please start a new question so everyone can better help you with your problem. As it stands, it has little to do with the conversation on this question.

1 Like

Hello, I am using Sim 800L. It is working fine for receiving SMS but could not send SMS. Serial Monitor is showing error. What can I do now.Help me

Same Problem :cry:
But some points noted !!

1. SMS sents from SIM800C successfully with response: +CMGS: xx (where ‘xx’ is serial no.)
  2. We discussed with Network provider (in my case idea). They told me, SMS is sent successfully from our end. Also they told me what exactly sent message was.
  3. We received below notifications on receivers mobile (vivo v20 mobile) : “SIM card memory full”
    Means mobile phone is receiving messages but they are storing on SIM memory. When I look at SIM memory then there is received message from sender’s number but there is no message body, it’s blank message.
    On some handsets this received message shows “Content not supported” instead of showing notification.
    But if we send same message from one GSM to another GSM with same sender and receiver SIM card inserted in GSMs then we can read SMS data on receiver GSM
  4. All these points are noted only for particular SIM card. If we changes senders SIM card with another card with same network provider then all works fine.
    Interesting point is some Idea cards will work properly and some not. Same thing happens with all network providers (we tested for Idea,Vodafone, VI, Airtel, BSNL)